Fwd: BanjerDan!

Livroommem@aol.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:53:31 EST

--part0_919385606_boundary

From: Mazona@aol.com
To: Livroommem@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: BanjerDan!
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:45:45 EST

--part1_919385606_boundary

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:28:46 -0700
From: Dan and Mary Mazer <mazart@mazart.com>
To: host@livingroom.org
Subject: BanjerDan!

Greetings:

My name is Dan Mazer. Using the stage name "BanjerDan," I'm a solo acousti=
performer in San Diego, playing a wide variety of originals and cover tune=
s on
banjo, guitar, mandolin and dobro. My style ranges from straight-ahead
bluegrass to folk, blues, pop and even a little jazz and classical music.

Having established myself in San Diego since November 1995, I'm interested=
in
expanding my performing base to the rest of southern California and outwar=
d to
the all of the U.S. and the world! I'm happy to give banjo workshops, as w=
ell
as to perform anywhere from clubs, coffeehouses and house concerts to majo=
festival events. I'll promptly send out my promo materials to anyone serio=
us
about bookings. I'm now ready to book tours in support of my CD, which wil=
l be
released in early 1999. In addition, I'd like to hear about recording
sessions, theatrical tours, artists searching for a reliable, professional
sideman or band member, and just about any professional artistic endeavor =
that
could use my musical strengths. You can preview my resume at my website (s=
ee
below).

In the 24 years since I first started playing the banjo, I've done almost
every gig imaginable, from busking on streets from California to Washingto=
n,
DC to Europe; pickin' bluegrass, folk and blues in bars and coffeehouses; =
pit and on-stage bands--including bandleader positions--in musical theater
productions such as "Robber Bridegroom," "Cabaret," "Chicago," and "Countr=
Music, USA" at Opryland in Nashville. I even played banjo with the Owensbo=
ro,
Kentucky, Symphony Orchestra, in a program of music by Kurt Weill. Along t=
he
way, I've also written articles for _Acoustic Musician_, _Banjo Newsletter=
_,
and _Bluegrass Unlimited_ magazines.

Currently, I have a steady gig with "San Diego's Ambassadors," a curious c=
ross
between an acoustic band and a theatrical comedy troupe. We perform costum=
ed,
themed entertainment. Some of our favorite steady themes and venues are
"Shiver Me Timbers: Pirate Landing Party" at Sea World of California (for =
15
years) and Seaport Village, as "The Outback Boys" at the world-famous San
Diego Zoo, as "Full Sail," greeting the cruise ships that come to visit Sa=
Diego; and as "Great Dickens!" and "The Singing Santas," entertaining holi=
day
crowds at shopping malls and private parties. Please visit Loren Smith
Productions' web site (http://www.llsproductions.com) for more information=