Fwd: 2 Upcoming Events

Livroommem@aol.com
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 23:07:14 EST

--part0_910066034_boundary

From: Mazona@aol.com
To: Livroommem@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: 2 Upcoming Events
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 23:04:05 EST

--part1_910066034_boundary

Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 03:21:56 -0800
To: vitaminm@thing.net
From: vitaminm@thing.net (Lukas Ligeti)
Subject: 2 Upcoming Events

Hi everyone

At rather short notice:

1.

Percussion concert/masterclass with the Amadinda Ensemble, featuring (among
other pieces) PATTERN TRANSFORMATION by Lukas Ligeti
Tuesday, Nov. 3, 4 p.m., at the Juilliard School of Music (60 Lincoln
Center Plaza, NYC), Room 309. Free admission,

The Amadinda Percussion Quartet is a totally amazing ensemble from
Budapest, Hungary...one of the best percussion groups around. They have
played just about everywhere except the U.S.: this is their first time
pertforming here!
They play African and Polynesian traditional music in addition to a large
repertoire of contemporary percussion compositions, and have been
performing my piece "Pattern Transformation" regularly for about 8 years
now. It's one of my earliest compositions and is based on concepts from
Amadinda xylophone music of Uganda. I thought it was impossible to play
until I met a this group that is named for the very same instrument, the
Amadinda.
I don't know what else is on the program of this presentation but I think
there'll be quite a bit of (maybe technical?) talking (I'll be talking
about my piece, too) in addition to quite a bit of music. I know that it's
open to the public and that the Amadinda Ensemble is always worth seeing,
even if it's not a "normal" concert.

2.

Concert of free-improvised music with
Ted Reichman (accordeon, organ) & Lukas Ligeti (drums)
Plus a surprise guest
Friday, Nov. 6, midnight (technically, that's 12 a.m. Saturday), at Tonic,
107 Norfolk St. (betw. Rivington & Delancey), NYC

A late-night free-improv...anything can happen!
Before us that evening at Tonic (9 and 10:30): Elliott Sharp & Frances
Marie Uitti

Best wishes,
Lukas Ligeti