: FWD: E-mail charges

Peter_Mueller@UCSDLIBRARY.ucsd.edu
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:26:00 -0800

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: samg@nternet.net at @UCSD
Date: 1/13/98 8:25AM
*To: glaizedd@gte.net at @UCSD
*cc: DaniNelson@aol.com at @UCSD
*cc: frog1@cconnect.net at @UCSD
*cc: meepo@nando.net at @UCSD
*cc: TuckNelson@aol.com at @UCSD
*cc: eps@oak.oakland.edu at @UCSD
*cc: thelema93-l@hollyfeld.org at @UCSD
*cc: jnelson292@aol.com at @UCSD
Subject: EPS: FWD: E-mail charges
Subject: SPECIAL ATTENTION!!!
Date: Tuesday, December 30, 1997 2:15 PM

Subject: FCC reg to charge for email usage.

Tell your friends, tell everyone who uses E-Mail.
This is to inform you of a very important matter currently under review by
the FCC. Your local telephone company has filed a proposal with the FCC to
impose per minute charges for your internet service. They contend that your
usage has or will hinder the operation of the telephone network.

E-Mail, in my opinion, will diminish if users were required to pay
additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an email box for your
comments, responses must be received by February 13, 98. Send you comments
to ""isp@fcc.gov"" tell them what you think. Every phone company is in on
this one, and they are trying to sneak it in just under the wire for
litigation. Let everyone you know hear this one. Get e-mail address to
everyone you can think of.

FCC E Mail address isp@fcc.gov

Guys, this is really important. If we have to pay for e-mail or go back to
faxing all messages, the cost is going to skyrocket. Please make your
opinions known to the FCC.

Larry Armstrong
FMDAC Alliance Liaison