Three poignant questions

Peter Mueller (peter_mueller_at_ucsdlibrary@libnt.ucsd.edu)
Fri, 05 Dec 97 11:43:04 GMT

Friends,

I'm passing along a quasi-survey from a composer with whom I've
been corresponding. Feel free to send him your comments. You'll
find him to be a friendly fellow.

-Peter

There are three questions which I would like to ask:

1/ each and every composer has the right to compose at least one
masterpiece in her or his life; is that true?

2/ we should not underestimate the quality of the so called Western
classical music; is that true?

3/ the development of contemporary classical music (and art in general) in
the Western world has been stalled by government/business bureaucracies; is
that true?

Please, respond keeping in mind that the answers are intended to be
published in The Alberta New Music Review. Also, pass these questions on to
your friend who are not on our mailing list but may be interested in
responding.

Many thanks,

Piotr

Piotr Grella-Mozejko, President