Re: "Creative Music" ???

David Labell (dlabell@paltech.com)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 21:19:28 -0400

At 04:05 PM 10/22/97 EDT, Subwit wrote:
>i have a dream....a dream that all music is created equally and when i walk
>into a music store i find...not many catagories but just one...music.
>
>=)
>george "the big fat loser" miller

Have you ever listened to the public radio program "Schickele Mix?" It's
dedicated "to the proposition that all musics are created equal."

Schickele is a musicologist, composer, humorist, writer, and raconteur.
He's best known as the discoverer of PDQ Bach, the last and certainly the
least of JS Bach's musician sons.

But he is also a clever composer, professor, and parodist. His show is full
of juxtapositions -- Bo Diddley and Puccini, for example. We love it.