Re: "Creative Music" ???

R. Wiley Evans (wiley@mnm.org)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:20:03 -0800

interesting... although I like all the categories because it helps me find new
artists that I wouldn't have known about (by association). I think there needs
to be more subcategorizing. for instance: I have found a new fondness for
Iranian and Iraqian music. When I get to these categories in large CD stores i
find that both folk and pop music from these countries are mixed together. Now
it just so happens that I now like both pop and folk music from these
countries because of the lack of categories but when buying blind like that I
do like to know these things.

I realize that I am not really talking about categories here, but rather
product placement. but I will say that categories help people to "talk" about
music, and with out categories and associations it very hard to "talk" about
music. or did we go over that in that thread about the beatles and cheesiness?

wiley
just 1 opinion