Re: De-Lurking

David Labell (dlabell@paltech.com)
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 19:23:04 -0400

At 01:42 PM 8/6/97 PDT, Mathew Boroson wrote:
>Where has that gone? How can i get my art-fix? What movies have i
>missed, what books? What composers? (the only easy-access
>experimentalism i know nowadays is Kronos; i can find their CDs at Sam
>Goodys)
>
>So i guess i'm looking for two things: i'm looking for guidance,
>recommendations, help finding things that would challenge and inspire
>me; and i'm also trying to find out what changed in the last ten years,
>and how to change it back.
>

> Matt

In that line, Matt, read "The Shock of the New," by Robert Hughes, Time
Magazine's art critic, or find and rent the videos of it. Hughe's theme is
that yesterday's avant-garde is today's mainstream. You have only to look
at the East Bldg of the National Gallery of Art to prove it, Hughes says.

Good luck.