Re: somewhere formal

David Labell (dlabell@paltech.com)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 13:49:24 -0400

At 10:35 AM 7/3/97 -0700, Larry Hewes wrote:
>David Labell wrote:
>David: I'm sure you are right, but I must say I have always (since the
>1940s) found the music of Irving Berlin enormously overrated and a lot
>of it awfully boring, while, among many others, I find the music of the
>Beatles, including McCartney, wonderful. Still fresh and moving after
>all this time, and many listenings.
>
>Larry
>--
Thank you for writing that, Larry. Often it's the reverse, you must realize
-- boomers like me fail to pay respect to the great singer-songwriters of
the golden years of Broadway and radio, while our elders lump all rock and
roll into a single unloved category and miss the best.

My dad was a vaudeville song-and-dance man. I just got home from the
supermarket, where I heard a silver-haired lady singing an old vaudeville
tune under her breath. Made me feel good!