Re: pissing

Joseph Butch Rovan (Joseph.Butch.Rovan@ircam.fr)
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 02:26:32 +0200

>At 05:13 PM 6/1/97 -0700, Mark Klemola wrote:
>>
> So, at least Elvis and Linda Ronstat (and popmusic in
>>general), having really done little else but waste our time,
>
>You mean, watching as all these innovators pulled together gospel, blues,
>and jazz, with a little polka thrown in, and invent a new kind of American
>music in the battered south ... and you felt it was time wasted? Heck, even
>Bill Monroe came to see Elvis, heard his interp of "Blue Moon of Kentucky,"
>and said to the young singer, "I liked that, son. I'm gonna sing it your
>way from now on."
>

>> Whaddya think?
>> Tell us more about IRCAM
>>please,
>>
>> Mark Klemola
>>

>Enlighten us. Is it a kind of video camera?
>
>Oh, I know, it's one of those French acronyms for an esoteric
>government-sponsored arts organization, but what actually is it? I venture
>to say that Sun Records has been more influential, at the risk of facing
>the barrage of tomatoes.

Ircam is an esoteric government-sponsored arts organization. Seriously,
though, it's a research institute in Paris. The interactive multimedia
program "MAX" was developed there (by an American). U2 used it on one of
their recent tours. It's used to control animated dinosaurs at many theme
parks. Some people make music with it, too (myself included).

Butch

Butch Rovan
rovan@ircam.fr

7 Impasse des Trois Soeurs