Re: How To Evaluate-Judge-Quantify

Laurence I. Hewes, III (lhewes@erols.com)
Tue, 03 Jun 1997 10:38:34 -0700

David Labell wrote:

> At 11:51 AM 6/1/97 -0700, Mark Klemola wrote:
> >At 02:31 PM 01/06/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >>is there anything really to argue about?
> >>
> >>Sure, don't lose hope. Don't give in to apathy. Lets continue to try to
> >locate meaning in the intertextual discourse offered in this diaspora.
> >
> > Mark Klemola
> >
> Are we in a diaspora? Scattered ... like seeds? I thought we were gathered
> ... like guests.
> ;-)
>
> This is a GOOD discussion. Let's talk some more. Could somebody tell me
> some short definitions of the popular kinds of music today? I felt ignorant
> because I couldn't pick out hip-hop, or house, or grunge music. I don't
> know what it is. Let's have some definitions.

That would be GOOD for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that
everyone over 45, of which there are a lot who want to listem, would
then have an idea what these terrible short titles really mean,
music-wise, and not reject them out of hand. Wouldn't it be nice if we
could expand the audience a lot?

Larry