Re: pissing

David Labell (dlabell@paltech.com)
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 21:29:41 -0400

At 05:13 PM 6/1/97 -0700, Mark Klemola wrote:

So, at least Elvis and Linda Ronstat (and popmusic in
>general), having really done little else but waste our time,

You mean, watching as all these innovators pulled together gospel, blues,
and jazz, with a little polka thrown in, and invent a new kind of American
music in the battered south ... and you felt it was time wasted? Heck, even
Bill Monroe came to see Elvis, heard his interp of "Blue Moon of Kentucky,"
and said to the young singer, "I liked that, son. I'm gonna sing it your
way from now on."

> Whaddya think?
> Tell us more about IRCAM
>please,
>
> Mark Klemola

Enlighten us. Is it a kind of video camera?

Oh, I know, it's one of those French acronyms for an esoteric
government-sponsored arts organization, but what actually is it? I venture
to say that Sun Records has been more influential, at the risk of facing
the barrage of tomatoes.