Re: Hey Livingroomers! Look Alive!

Dick Higgins (dhiggins@mhv.net)
Sat, 17 May 1997 15:25:10 -0500

>Hi everyone. The meeting mailing list -- and the livingroom.org Web site
>in general -- have not exactly been hopping lately!
>
>Anyone want to share with the group? What are you working on? What's your
>medium?

I'm new to this list, am an artist aged 59, currently researching "lost
works" by the American avant garde composer Henry Cowell (1897-1965,
teacher of John Cage, Lou Harrison, myself, George Gershwin, etc.) and the
Ukrainian Berlin Dadaist Jefim Golyscheff (1898-1970, almost all his early
works destroyed by the nazis). Interested in current (post-post-modern)
theory. Struggling to survive outside academia (survival suggestions
interesting). Besides making acrylic paintings I am also into typography.

>And does anyone have ideas on how to liven up the site and the list? We're
>open to ANY and ALL suggestions!

Will have to wait on that.

>Do some of you have work, but no way to digitize it? Do some of you have
>ways to digitize, but no work? Oh, if we could only put you in touch with
>each other!

Will have to wait on that too.

>Anyone looking for anything? Thinking of something?

Right now there is nothing on my mind.

>Any ideas for what I (Dan) and Zona (your hosts) can or should do
>new/different?

Will have to wait on that too.

>Yours,
>Dan Froomkin

Curious about what I do? You can view some paintings at the Left Hand Books
site, <http://www.lefthandbooks.com/lhb> (they are for sale) and other
things at the Ubuweb one, <http://www.lefthandbooks.com/lhb> (they aren't)
among others. My next book that is coming out will be: MODERNISM SINCE
POSTMODERNISM (San Diego: San Diego State University Press, June 1997). You
can get it through Amazon Books, <http://www.amazon.com>.