Re: What are you working on?

David Labell (dlabell@paltech.com)
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 08:09:46 -0500

At 04:10 AM 3/1/97 PST, Paul Hershenson wrote:

>In the meantime, Randy once made for Mimi and I a recipe by John Cage called
>"Miso Tofu Pizza". Does anyone have it or know where I can get it?

Let's try to invent it -- right here.

Mix up some yeast bread dough, and reduce the salt. Let it rise in the bowl,
punch it down, and roll it into pizza crusts. Fit it into pizza pans sprayed
with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal.

Cut firm tofu into 3/4" cubes and marinate in the following mixture:
(Um, improvising here....)
Rice vinegar
Miso paste
Freshly ground black pepper
Ground hot red chili pepper
minced garlic
Peanut oil
Grated parmesan cheese

In a little oil, brown some finely sliced onions and green peppers.

Top the crust with the onion and pepper mixture, then the well-drained tofu
mixture.

Bake at 375F until the top is browned and the crust is baked.

Slice and put into your modem to share with all of us.