Week One Report & Design Questions

Dan Froomkin (froomkin@ziplink.net)
Sat, 08 Feb 1997 14:22:38 -0500

HI EVERYONE!

Well, it's been a pretty good first week for the livingroom.org.

We've gotten about 200 distinct visits, lots of warm feedback, and the
contributions are trickling in. But we NEED MORE STUFF. Empty out your
virtual drawers, call your friends and SEND MORE STUFF.

Have you seen really cool things on the Web that we might be able to get
permission to repost? Or that we should point to? Let us (me and the
rest of the list) know.

Incidentally, if you've got reliable Web access, which includes the
ability to hear RealAudio files, and you're *not* getting sight or sound
100 percent right at the livingroom.org, please let us know, too!

And while this mailing list is not intended to be *about* this site,
merely *on* it, allow me to pass along a few thoughts that have been
e-mailed to me.

and from Steve Horowitz <104710.2654@compuserve.com>

>If I had one critisism it
>would be the wish that over time if the pages could become more wacky and
>interactive, unexpected and unpredictable. Maybe more little animations
>along the line of the bouncing 8 balls to spice up the list like feeling?
>Just a thought.

I couldn't agree more! This is a site that's gotta MOVE, and gotta be
everchanging. Would anyone else like to contribute some thoughts on this
issue?

Yours,

Dan
acting host@livingroom.org

P.S. I am resending, one last time, the note from Jim Hostetler. Please
forgive me, it's 'cause I screwed up the archives.

--
Dan Froomkin
(202) 319-3150